Monday

Ben & Brittany - The Wedding

I recently posted about an engagement shoot I did for Ben & Brittany. Ben is the son of a great friend of mine and I was lucky enough to be chosen as their wedding photographer!

This past weekend, I traveled down to Columbus Ohio early enough that I could capture the entire event from rehearsal through to the reception! It was one of the best wedding I have been to AND photographed. Ben and Brittany are young, vibrant and completely in love, and the same goes for their friends and family. Overall a very warm, fabulous crowd of people to be in the company of.

The wedding was held at St Brendan's Church, Hilliard Ohio. A GORGEOUS church both inside and out!

St Brendan The Navigator Church, Hilliard Ohio

The rehearsal began and everyone was told where to go, where to stand, what to do and how to do it!

ChurchRE

After a couple of 'run-through's' they managed to figure it out and then it was off to go eat and celebrate what was to come........ The Digger and Finch Restaurant was the perfect place to go!

CLR49sm_edited-1

The next morning, I had a lot of running about to do. Shoot the girls at Kenneth's Salon in Dublin, OH then rush over to the boys to shoot them. Both groups were very relaxed, the boys managing to get a few games of Wii tennis in! The guys didn't have a CLUE about how to use the cuff-links, the ties or anything! I felt so old .......

CLP44sm_edited-1

Then in no time at all, it was time to head for the church!

The ceremony was everything I knew it would be and more! The photographs from that will be posted once I have the complete set to the bride and groom! :-)

After the ceremony, it was time to head out and get shots of the bridal party. Let me tell you how hot it was. It was HOT HOT HOT! I checked afterward and the temperature reached 100 degrees. WAY too hot for a bridal party to be out for more than 20 minutes in tuxes and dresses!

CLL03sm_edited-3

I got the shots I needed and it was time to head for the reception which was being held at The Makoy Center.

Once there, the cake was cut, the bouquet was thrown, the dances were danced. Before that all happened though, there were the speeches! The best man was emotional :-) and the Maid of Honor was HILARIOUS! She had written a poem for the bride and it was just fantastic!

CLRE54smm_edited-1

Blogsm_edited-1

As I mentioned, it was one of the best weddings I have been to and just looking through the photographs as I edit them is making me so happy!

Congratulations Ben & Brittany, hope it was all you wanted it to be and more!

Untitled-1

Live a long and happy life!

0 comments:

Follow me on Facebook!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Tweaked by Texas Chicks' Blogs and Pics, 5/09

Back to TOP